12.23.2011

Bon Appetit

Puff Wheat Square


These are a special little treat I decided I would share with you! I think they are more of a Canadian thing because I have never had them anywhere besides my hometown. This is one of my favorite treats when I come to visit my family in Canada. They are always there waiting just for me to eat, but I'm not too sure if that is a good thing or not. Since I don't have the ability to say no or know when I should stop eating them. They are just so delicious! I urge you to try these out and let me know what you think! 

Ingredients

1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
8 cups puff wheat cereal






Method

Stir all the ingredients in a large pot on stove top. Heat should be at medium-high until it comes to a boil. Dissolve the sugar completely and allow to simmer for 1 extra minute. Remove from heat and add the puff wheat. Stir to coat. Press into a 9 x 13 greased pan. Let cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!!! 





This is a delicious chocolatey treat, I know you will love these just as much as I do.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment