12.24.2011

Random but lovely

Christmas Eve

Our family Christmas card this year

It is finally here. Another Christmas is just one sleep away. It feels a little odd this year. I don't know if it's because it's during the weekend and everybody just started their holidays as of yesterday. Perhaps it's the fact that my husband has not yet joined me and arrives later tomorrow evening. Or if it's because the weather has been insanely gorgeous for the middle of December and I haven't seen any snow fall yet. I'm thinking it's a bit of all the above. Either way, I feel like I need to snap out of this feeling or I am going to miss out on this joyous occasion!

I cannot forget the true reason for the season. I know many people have their traditions and beliefs revolving around Christmas. Mine is simply the amazing birth of Jesus. A savior who has changed my life in so many ways, no words could begin to express. It's part of my story. Something so dear to me. A season that reminds me that I am here on earth for a bigger purpose. I'm not an accident and that I am loved more than I will ever know. Christmas is so magical, isn't it?! One of my fondest memories is simply sitting on my couch looking outside one year when I still lived in Canada. I was sipping a warm drink, listening to O come, O come, Emmanuel. I listened as I watched the snow fall out of the dark sky that night. A street light made the snow appear so mysterious and magical. I was overcome with a feeling I cannot describe, just peace. I hope and pray that you will have a blessed Christmas this year. May you find peace in the simple things. Hope you enjoy this song. It is simply calming, perfect for the Eve of Christmas. 


Merry Christmas
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment