11.18.2011


We've finally made it to the end of my Five Days of Flea Market Finds! Time to move on, there are so many other things I need to share with you! 

Since Christmas is only a few weeks away, I was really looking for some unique ornaments to add to our already growing collection at home. That's the trick when you are first married and starting a life together. It's a slow process of collecting each year. Don't feel like you have to spend hundreds of dollars on holiday stuff to make up for lost time. Our first Christmas (four years ago) we found 98% of our decorations at the dollar store. I think we may have splurged on a couple at Target, but mostly it was a very thrifty Christmas. I still go to the dollar store to check things out, they actually carry a few cute items! 

So, where was I? Ah, yes. I didn't have a problem finding vintage ornaments at the flea market. They were everywhere. I bought a couple vintage glass balls and two clip on song birds. It seems random, I know. I just enjoy the look of the glass balls, they look like mercury ornaments with the patches of wear and tear. The clip on birds are especially fun, I have been wanting some for a while now! 




So what can you take away from  the Five Days of Vintage Finds? Perhaps you will look at vintage, used, loved on, old, worn and overlooked ornaments in a new kind of way! Sometimes they add a unique flare among all those new (sometimes generic) Christmas decorations! Don't get me wrong, I still am a sucker for those new shiny ornaments littering the shelves of stores right now! 

What are your thoughts on vintage ornaments versus new? Feel free to share you thoughts!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment