5.26.2011

Strawberry and Rosemary Scone?


I have to admit, when I first came across this recipe I thought it sounded a bit weird. Since I have a lot of time on my hands (can you tell by all the cooking and baking?) I would give it a whirl! Let me tell you, it was well worth the time and effort. This recipe is so easy and delicious, it's a keeper. The flavor of the rosemary is amazing and the strawberry surprisingly works well with it. To top it off, the lemon glaze is a fantastic finish and brings it all together! I'm telling you, it's an explosion of wonderful flavors in your mouth. It's not your traditional scone, but it is brilliant for any occasion or meal.  Hope you give this one a try and enjoy it as much as we did!



I thought since my husband and I are heading to Canada in a couple weeks, I would make maple leaf shaped scones. I wanted to see how it would turn out and perhaps bake up another batch for Canada Day (July 1st)! A bit it cheesy? Well, they taste amazing so that's all that matters I suppose! 



This recipe makes a pretty decent sized batch! Plenty to enjoy for the next few days. If you try it out, be sure to let me know what you think!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment