1.07.2011

Coombs




While I spent my time up in Northern California this Christmas with my husbands family, my family back in Canada had the pleasure of driving out to British Columbia to see some more relatives. I admit, I missed out and was a wee bit jealous! But they all had a great time and I am thankful for that. 




I have often been part of those long drives across the Rocky Mountains, passing through the amazing Vancouver City and catching a ferry across the ocean to end our trip on the gorgeous Vancouver Island.  I have many fond memories of my time there. One of my favorite things to do while on the Island is paying a small visit to the enchanted Old Country Market. I am in love with the eclectic trinkets, beautiful dish-ware, delicious international foods, baked goods and imported gifts! Not to mention the dozens of other cute boutiques surrounding the market and the goats on the roof. I always seem to leave with something new (thanks to one of my Oma's) and a big scoop of my favorite expresso ice cream. I've been coming to this place since I was a little girl and I hope to continue paying little visits every now and then! 






If you ever venture to that part of Canada, be certain to check out Coombs! I know everyone has there little get-a-way tucked somewhere in the world, I would love to know what yours might be? 


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love Coombs as well! It is always a must do each time we visit the Island!!

    Right now it is snowing ever so lightly and it is a lovely -5 C. Because we spend most of our time at home, my favorite thing to do is to bundle up and get outside to enjoy this perfect scenario. Since the New Year has begun I have been on 6 very brisk walks with my husband or friends. After one of these walks, a friend of mine and I grabbed a couple of crazy carpets and "tobogganed" down a hill in the school yard across the street.. hahaha... it's not much of a hill, but after a long walk and being my age well...
    I love you Lidy. I hope we can do these things together again one of these days. You're my favorite girl to be with. Thank you for taking the time to blog. You inspire me and make me smile xoxoxoxoxoxoxo your momma <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the snow! Not only is it beautiful to look at (and cold), but you can do a lot of fun things with it!

    Thanks for your love and support. Even if you are the only one that reads my daily ramblings, I'm completely content with that!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete