12.09.2010

A Simple Vintage Christmas

I love this time of year! I'm sure I've mentioned that many times before. I thought I would share snippets of our Christmas home with you. This is the start to our collection as the young married version of ourselves. I'm sure as time goes on, our taste for things will begin to evolve as well as every aspect of our lives. Right now, our lives are relatively simple: we are just the two of us, busy little bees and enjoying this chapter in our lives. We thought our home should reflect something along those lines: a fun, bright, carefree and welcoming environment. I think if you were to step into our front door, you would see what I mean. Our home has this very comfy, retro, age-old feel to it. So, here is a little taste to what we have so far. It's not much, but we are satisfied with our simple vintage Christmas!


Our Christmas tree decorated with red and silver. We decided to add a little height to our little tree, so we placed it atop some vintage suitcases. This was my husbands idea and I love the look! 



This and that, here and there. 


I love wreaths inside the home, it feels warm and cozy.


Mr. & Mrs. Clause circa 1950.


Some vintage Italian jars. To some, they are hideous, to us they are perfect!


Hope you enjoyed that mini tour of our home during the holidays! 


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I just cannot get my husband into decorating. Our apartment looks the same as it always does...

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a whole lot of guys are, I'm just lucky that way. Think of it this way, at least you can do what you want to do. The skies your limit: if you have a vision, go for it! Don't be discouraged because you can't get your husband into it. Trust me, there are a lot of things I'm not interested in that my husband wishes I would be and vise versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage! The feel of the decors are so shabby chic! <3 Have a splendid Christmas!

    I found you on 20 Something Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Christmas as well!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete