12.28.2010

Mock English Toffee


This is the first year I made these delicious treats. I think they are going to be a traditional holiday treat for now on! They were a big hit with family and friends and are now one of my husbands favorites! This is the easiest recipe and takes no time at all. I got this recipe from a wonderful cook book I bought with a compilation of year old recipes...those are the best! 


Mock English Toffee
Unsalted Saltine Crackers
2 Sticks of butter
1 Cup Sugar
12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
Sliced Almonds


Preheat oven to 400F
Layer crackers on cookie pan lined with tin foil
Melt butter in pan and add sugar
Bring to boil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes (liquid should turn brown)
Pour mixture over crackers and spread evenly
Bake for 6 minutes
Follow with Chocolate chips, spreading evenly
Sprinkle almonds on top
Cool in Refrigerator till set


Break apart when cooled and enjoy! I am sure you will love the results of this easy, but delicious recipe! Let me know if you give this a try and how it turns out!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment