10.20.2010

Attention all Felt Lovers

Recently, I have discovered how much I LOVE felt! It is such an easy material to work with: it doesn't fray , it's easy to cut, easy to sew and great for so many projects. I can't think of anything negative about it really. Best part is, most felt is made with recycled materials such as plastic bottles. I've had our Vintage Peach banner for some time now...of course, I used Felt for part of it. It took me less than 30 minutes to cut my letters, hand sew the edges and buttons. I also made a little woodland garland made up of flowers with buttons, an owl and mushroom. It's a lot of fun to experiment with and it always ends up super cute! One of my crafting gals has been making her embroidery hoop art with felt flowers and they look adorable! There are just so many colors, textures, and projects you can do with Felt. Here are a few of my favorite! I've also attached an easy tutorial on how to make cute felt flower clips for your hair, jacket, necklace, garland or whatever your imagination leads you to! For more fun inspiration check out her site here. She has all sorts of fun felt projects! 



Here is our Vintage Peach Banner made with recycled post-consumer plastic bottles (not shown is my little floral and woodland garland)


I absolutely love this wreath! I think it's perfect for fall and has a funky feel! You don't see a lot of these, which I love! I think I will attempt to make this real soon.


I love the idea of these garlands. It's perfect for adding a pop in any room and it's so easy to make! 

If you enjoyed what you saw so far, then here is an easy tutorial to help you on your way to making an easy, but lovely little project! You can substitute glue with hand stitching, which I prefer anyway. Enjoy!!! 










Just add appropriate clip to the back, depending on the purpose of your little project! 




xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment