9.22.2010

Crocheted Paper Clips 


It's been a while since I've had the time to blog. I've been a little busy with treasure hunting and getting ready for our fun adventure in October. I didn't think it would be so much work, but it is! Although I love every second of this process, it does take up a lot of time. Of course, any extra time I do have I'm busy crafting away! So, my poor little blog will suffer, but just a little. Please don't go anywhere....I promise there are a lot of fun things coming shortly! 


Today, I've been dying to share!! This past weekend, I made a little trip to Santa Barbara with my dear mother and friend of mine. We walked all of State Street and browsed almost every shop. One of which, I have yet to share with you.....but that's for a later time! The store we spent some extra time in was Anthropologie, of course! I love to see the new inventory and long to find some inspiration! I came across something rather genius. If you are anything like me, then you love all things stationary! Especially the cute, frilly and eye catching papery things and other supplies. This however, was a pack of ten crocheted paper clips with cute colored wool and sparkly added flare. This was a fantastic opportunity! After spotting this, how couldn't we: my mom and I sat down and recreated what we saw and the result was wonderful! We created handmade, crocheted paper clips with recycled buttons. I don't know if anyone is as excited as me, but I am ready to stick these darling clips on every pile of paper in my home, maybe even use them  as book-markers! I am so grateful for my mother's time and energy she put into this fun project. I guess you could say, even she has been inspired to find her inner creative side! All in all, we had such a great time! Nothing feels better than being able to take what you see and recreate it at home with your own tools and resources! It's not as impossible as it seems. 












xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment