8.23.2010

All things used and bruised: My 3 in 1 

I am always on the look out for vintage finds, whether from the 40s to the 80s! I find myself attracted to shady shops, overlooked yard sales and random markets along the way. In these places I find so many treasures. Sure, I love new stuff just as much as anyone else. Sometimes it's necessary to buy something less worn and torn, but it's the used and bruised stuff that I am inspired by. As a little girl, I would spend a lot of time at my Oma's homes. Both places were like museums to me. Stuff from all over the world (mostly from Europe where they both immigrated from). A lot of their belongings were antique or vintage and had a wonderful story attached to it. When I look at my home, I feel at peace. All the little things I find along the way have a little story with it too. Whether it was a road trip with my husband, a vacation back home in Canada or just one of those pick me ups on a bad day. They each mean something to me and give off a warm environment in my home.  


This is one of those used items I picked up while on vacation in Canada on a mother-daughter trip to the city. I dragged her to a thrift store and she was patient with me as I looked through a lot of junk. My eyes caught this cute vintage tray with matching cup holders. At first glance, it doesn't look like much, but with a little imagination you can put them to good use: 


Go back a few years and enjoy your items origins by using as is: tray and cup holders. 




I love to display my jewelry, plus it helps me see what I have to work with. Hence, a jewelry holder.

 



Also, a place to set perfumes and other girly things!



Last but not least, you can use it as simple display art! 



I can't complain..if I get bored with one, I can use it for another!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love this Lidy. You really came up with perfect ways to use your tray and coasters. As usual, they look great in your home. I especially like them on the wall. Oh never mind... I love the jewelery holder too! I do believe you have an amazing eye for style and flair along with all your other wonderful attributes. xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are oh so kind and supportive :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete