9.27.2011

Something Old: Soon to be new

My husband and I have been on the search for a new (old) TV stand for our living room. Right now we have a piece we bought a couple years ago at a yard sale, which we painted black. It's a bit small and doesn't quite go with our overall decor.  


After checking out countless yard sales Saturday, we decided to head to the thrift stores to see what was available. I think we looked at six or seven stores until we finally found what we were looking for. Our decor looks very vintage, so it had to match what we already have. We own a record stand that's from the 60s, so we were hoping for a similar style. For a little while, it wasn't looking like we were having much luck. Sure enough, we spotted an old television stand from the same era at the back of a very dark and crowded thrift store downtown. The TV has been removed, but all the original hardware is intact.  So happy! 


I have been inspired for a couple years with Design Sponge. They take the most impossible looking furniture and transform them into something so beautiful. Here are a few ideas my husband and I were inspired most by.


1. White-on-wood combination


2. Interesting ways to use chalk board paint


3. Shutter Wood Embellished Dresser


Of course, we both love the wood and white combination, which seems to be very popular this year in DIY design. Here is our 60s TV stand which we hope to paint sometime this week. We are both very busy, but we can always fit more things in our busy schedule! It's gonna be a lot of work (we have to rebuild the interior), but my husband is super handy! I'm a lucky girl. I think it's going to look great once it's all painted. I will post some pictures after it's all done! 








xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment