11.13.2010

Threading

I thought I would just share my strange experience today. I went out with a good friend to do some shopping therapy and came across a salon that offered "Threading". I always wondered how it worked and heard a lot of really good things about it. I have to say that I am very protective of my eyebrows, but found that all the women leaving the salon still had theirs intact (which is a good sign for me). My friend insisted I try getting my eyebrows done for fun to see what it was like. Of course, I am always curious of new things so I agreed. What I discovered was a new art form, really. I could not believe what these girls could do with a few pieces of thread. I still stand in amazement. Threading is an ancient method commonly practiced in Eastern countries, like Egypt and India. It is becoming more and more popular in the West. A cotton thread is pulled along unwanted hair in a twisting motion, to trap hair in a mini lasso. It lifts the hair right out of the follicle quickly and concisely. I wish I could tell you it's pain free, but I left the salon with tears streaming down my face. However, it was very quick and affordable. It was a lovely experience and the ladies did a wonderful job. I think I will visit them again sometime soon! Feel free to leave a comment and tell me about your neat experiences you may have had with other ancient methods or maybe your experience with Threading!



xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment