8.14.2010


Eat Pray Love




Yesterday was opening night for the newest Julia Robert's movie, Eat Pray Love. All I know is that the two hours I sat in the theatre, all I could think about was waking up today and starting to make a step towards my passions and dreams. I love this quote: 


“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”
— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)



I have been struggling trying to find my place in my little world and who or what I want to be. Although I can't pack my bags and travel the world for inspiration and renewed thinking, I can start that change where I am today. I've always loved photography, being creative and taking chances. It's time I do something about it. And just knowing that I'm going to do something about it helps me walk with a little more happiness already.


In honor of this movie, I decided to take a chance and start something new. It's a baby step for sure, but it will hold me to this motivation I feel right now and not allow for it to die as the days, weeks and months pass by. Starting September I will be officially hosting a night that involves eating, praying and loving. Eat to remind us to enjoy life and friends. Pray to participate in chatter that is uplifting and hopeful. Love to steer us toward our passions and to conquer our fears of the unknown. How will we do this? Simply gathering around my dinner table and focusing on one craft and project at a time. I have some friends that have been wanting me to teach them how to sew and to do some fun projects. I can't think of a better time to start than now. I am excited and look forward to this new chapter. I can't imagine anything but good coming out of this. Even if we fail at making our projects, we are taking steps toward being more happy and hopeful. 






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment