7.24.2010

A little treat....

I've had this post saved since the beginning of July. I've been a bit slacky in the blogging department lately. I guess it's never too late to share! My husband and I both enjoy cooking and baking. We often do things a lot together in the kitchen, but this day he took the initiative to make this delicious dessert for 4th of July. I think I might have pitched in a little...I took care of the fruit.....and the rest I left to him! The end result was this amazing layered cake with my favorite summer fruit: strawberries and blueberries!  What can I say, I lucked out when I married a guy that can cook and bake! This recipe was taken from a cook book we have here at home! You can find this recipe almost anywhere on the internet, it's pretty popular! 


First we made a pound cake from scratch. It's up to you how you would like to make your cake, but I recommend a recipe that uses evaporated milk! This makes the cake super moist and dense.




While you are prepping the pound cake, you can cut up the fruit and glaze it with sugar. Since it was 4th of July, we thought Strawberries and Blueberries would be appropriate. You can also take this time to make the Cool Whip and pudding mixture. Let that set while you are doing your baking. You could also use any of your favorite fruit for this recipe! Pineapple would be super tasty! 




Once you are done mixing the ingredients together for the pound cake, throw it in the oven,  let it bake until the toothpick comes out dry. Let it cool down completely in the pan.






Once the pound cake is cool, cut it into small cubes. Find a deep dish and layer the dessert: cake, then fruit and finally Cool Whip/pudding mixture. 





The last layer should be your  Cool Whip and pudding, topped with bits of fruit. Now you're ready to dig in and share! 




xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment