7.30.2010

Ice Cream Heaven

There is this local ice cream shop not too far from where we live. We often justify going there and treating ourselves to a small sundae if we ride our bikes. Dewar's has been opened since 1909, the interior is still very much the same as it was a century ago. It's super cute and the ice cream and candy is delicious and homemade too! It's only local to California's San Joaquin Valley, but it's recognized across the country. Let's just say you wouldn't want to miss out on this small gem if ever you pass through the area. That is, if you like ice cream or candy. But who wouldn't! My husband and I have tried almost everything on the menu....their famous black and white, which has one large scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with their scrumptious hot fudge.  Next they add a large scoop of chocolate ice cream and yummy whipped marshmallow. We've also managed to share their classic banana split and of course their Sundae's. Every flavor of ice cream is freshly made there, which you can tell by the creamy texture. They also have a menu for those who prefer non-dairy. If ice cream isn't your thing, they have a little candy shop that makes there own handmade chocolates and chews. We've seen how they are made and it's pretty amazing! The other day we made our way to this very familiar place and decided to try a tasty new treat. The Dewar's ice cream sandwich. Out of all the things I tried at this ice cream shop, I have to say that the ice cream sandwich is now my official favorite thing on their menu. It's classic vanilla ice cream is so creamy and flavorful! The cookie is baked fresh there and you have two choices: snicker-doodle or chocolate chip. I recommend the snicker-doodle! The thing that makes this ice cream sandwich so special isn't just the love that goes into the ice cream or cookie, it's also the size of this treat! When we placed our order, a lady walked over with a wheel of deliciousness in her hand and placed it into a bag. The ice cream sandwich was, no lie, the size of my head. I felt like a kid again, my eyes pooped out of my head, my mouth started to salivate and my heart quickened. I could not wait to try this newly discovered dessert. I will never be the same. It was the most delicious thing I have eaten in a very long time! So, if you don't mind a few extra calories in your day you must give this treat a try! It will knock your socks off! Enjoy......








xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment