5.09.2010

Mothers Day

Today is a special day. I thought it would be appropriate to dedicate this post to my mom. It seems to get harder and harder every year, since this will be my 3rd year without having actually spent Mothers Day with my mother. We make sure to talk on the phone and send an email or text, but it's just not the same. I know she is a trooper and has the boys to look after her for me. The last Mothers Day, I remember getting up while she was sleeping. I made her breakfast and a hot cup of tea. I know she often thinks back to that day. They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I'm not sure if they were referring to dating relationships, but it definitely applies in my current circumstance. Living in another country has changed my perspective on so many things. My relationship with my mother has grown so deep. I try not to take our relationship for granted, but cherish every moment.

My mother is one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She is strong in character, funny, friendly, loving and giving. I think of her as a sister. Not only is she beautiful, but I can tell her anything and she will understand. It's hard not to fall in love with her personality because she always seems to leave a strong impression in others lives. I can't imagine having it any other way. God has truly blessed me with an amazing mother and family. I feel spoiled at times that He was so gracious. I know it is something we shouldn't take for granted. So, on behalf of my dear mom, I shall have a hot cup of tea and see if I can find You've Got Mail on Netflix. I know it's one of her favorites! Ik hou van je, mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment