8.22.2011

Master room makeover

The other day I glanced at my room in mild satsifaction. We've lived in our home for 3 years now, which to me is crazy. I can't believe it's been that long! Since then, our room has been a collection of both our old belongings. A black and white portrait of Audrey Hepburn to orange and green print pillows from Sri Lanka. Our styles might have clashed a little, but we both found a style that we love. My hope is to give our master room a makeover over the next few months. It will have to be gradual, since we can't just whip out hundreds of dollars for a room people might not ever see. It's more for us: a sanctuary in our home. 


A few months ago we came across a large piece of art at a yard sale. It was a picturesque scene, like something we would see back home in Canada or driving up through northern California to the beach. It was lovely and relaxing to look at. We decided to be thrifty once more and purchased it for $5. It now hangs over our bed as a non-tradional headboard. I love it, it's perfectly us!


I want to keep the colors simple, since our walls are very green

Since the room is going to based off of our new art piece, I did a little browsing online and found some items I would love to add to our room. Some of which are expensive, so my hopes are to splurge on one of them and do some shopping around for the others. The ideas are what matter to me at this point! The theme I would love to stick to is bringing a bit of the outdoors inside. We both love nature: hiking, camping, kaiaking and going on other outdoor adventures. Here are a few of the things I love!




Clean and crisp gray bedding with a touch of frill
Anthropologie

Love the over-dyed rugs and the unique detail
Anthropologie Awash Rug

I love the texture of wood and cast iron
Anthropologie Althea Side Table

Simple Grey Curtains
Pottery Barn

Wall art - Deer Head
Z Gallerie

Caribou Handles
Anthropologie

It's hard to imagine at this point, but I am glad I have so many choices! Let the fun begin....
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment