12.21.2010

Tis the season for baking


This year I am so behind in everything. I was so sick of putting my baking on hold that I finally went baking crazy! I rushed to the grocery store after work, bought all my ingredients and spent the next 3 hours in the kitchen putting together a few baking goods. I will share the other recipes with you another day, because today it's all about the Neiman Marcus cookie! This cookie has all sorts of amazing ingredients in one, which is partially why I chose it. Should I bake chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, sugar cookies, or what! I was given this old recipe from a sweet elderly lady that comes into my work and I decided to try it out. I warn you, it doesn't look like much but this is a very hearty cookie! Enjoy! 






::Ingredients::


(Recipe may be halved):

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal**
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)


::Baking instructions::


Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies. Simply enjoy with a glass of cold milk! 






xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment